Becky has always been the cake pop master. And I have always been the master of eating said cake pops. Our brains have been focused on St. Patrick’s Day this whole month, so we wanted to try out a green cake pop. These turned out absolutely delicious and so very key limey!
Recipe: Approximately 36 Cake Pops
1 Box Vanilla Cake Mix ( made with 3 Eggs, 1/2 Cup Key Lime Juice, 1/2 Cup Water + 1/3 Cup Canola Oil)
1/4 to 1/3 Cup Vanilla Icing
1 Tablespoons Key Lime Juice
12 to 16 Ounces-Light Green Candy Melts
- Prepare vanilla cake recipe per boxes instructions. Our cake recipe called for 3 eggs, 1 cup of water, and 1/3 cup of oil but we traded out half of the water for key lime juice.
- Once the cake has baked and cooled, remove from pan and crumble in a medium-large bowl.
- Mix cake crumbles with the remainder of key lime juice and enough vanilla icing to easily roll the mixture (we used 1/3 cup). Roll into balls and chill.
- Melt candy melts and dip the tip of each of the lollipop sticks. Place the dipped end of the lollipop stick partially into each cake ball and chill.
- Once cake balls have been chilled, ensure candy melts are still completely melted and dip entire cake ball into candy.
- Sprinkle with lime zest and let the candy melt harden while cake pop is upright.
- Eat. Enjoy. Yum.