Spring is just around the corner – I can smell it, guys. When the flowers start to bloom something inside of me changes and I stop craving carb heavy meals. Instead, I crave fresh, crisp meals. This simple (and cheap) recipes is one of my favorites to eat and to look at. The colors and textures of these cucumber rolls are so refreshing – just look at it!!
Recipe: Approximately 16 rolls.
6 Ounces Chunk Light Tuna in Water
2 – 3 Cucumbers
4 – 6 Carrots
1/2 – 1 Bunch Asparagus
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil Mayonnaise
1 Teaspoon Sriracha
- Prepare asparagus by snapping off the tough ends and blanching remaining portion in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Peel and julienne cut the carrots.
- Cut the ends off of the cucumber and use a mandoline or cheese slicer to cut the cucumber into thin strips.
- Drain canned tuna and place in a small bowl. Mix in mayo and sriracha.
- Lay the cucumber slices flat, fill with tuna, carrots, and asparagus, and roll. Place a single toothpick through the roll to keep it together.
If rolling this recipe seems daunting, simply chop all the ingredients and combine to make a very tasty tuna salad!